10.12.2009

Introspective...again...

You may be getting the impression that God is pressing me to evangelism. You'd be right.

As I study this book, there is a repetitive thing that happens. Paul says, "We were in bondage, but now we're free. We are heirs with Christ. " Then the Holy Spirit says, "How many people are still in bondage? How many do you know?" - and I argue.

They wont listen. I cant do that at work. Give me some time and I'll get there. I'm not gifted in evengelism...and He says: "Just do the work and I'll do the rest."

How can I argue with that?

So what is the work? "Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you."

Really! How hard is this? Just live godly and answer their questions truthfully. Offer godly advice when they ask. Above all - grow in faith and let them watch. When the opportunity arises, tell them about Christ's work on the cross and His resurrection.

You may think they've heard all that before, but believe me, if they have, it's usually some incomplete or twisted version. The person who's heard the true gospel is rare in this country.

I'm only one person, with a small circle of influence. What difference can I make? Not much, on a global scale, but to the few in that small circle, it might be the difference between heaven and hell. Arent they important enough that I can overcome my silly self?

Brethren, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for participating in this discussion. It is important that believers discuss and contend over scripture. It's how we keep aligned.