9.10.2009

Introduction

I'm presently preparing to teach a series on the little book of Galatians. As I prepare, God reveals things to me, or thoughts randomly come to mind, or questions pop up that I have to research answers for. These are the things I'll be sharing here.

When I began this study, there were certain preconceptions that had implanted themselves into my mind. This isn’t the first time I’ve read the book. In fact, I’ve read it many times, but have never studied in depth as I’m doing to teach it now. Although I’m only through the first two chapters, already my previous ideas about this book have been dissolved.

You see, I originally believed that Paul wrote this letter to confront false teaching in the church. Now I believe that there were deeper reasons for this letter. In fact, this isn’t a letter of confrontation at all, but one of reconciliation.

It’s true that the apostle uses some strong language, and it is appropriate, but it isn’t aimed at the believers. I’ll explain more about this as time goes on. What I want to say right now is that, once again, God has amazed me with his mercy and love as it is demonstrated in this letter. While it would be easy to interpret Paul’s words as anger, once we understand the circumstances described in these first two chapters, I think you’ll agree that this is a letter of love.

God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for participating in this discussion. It is important that believers discuss and contend over scripture. It's how we keep aligned.