9.25.2009

Received ye the Spirit...?

Yes. I did. At the moment I placed my confidence in Jesus for etenal life, the Holy Spirit entered in. The testimony of that is the change that happened in my life immediately. My parents, siblings, and former friends can all bear witness to that.

What did I do to make that happen? Nothing. I didnt say a prayer or make a promise. I just stopped trusting myself and trusted Jesus. It's the same for believers now as it was for me and for those in Paul's day. The evidence of my salvation is that indwelling.

Over time, though, we get used to it. The power doesnt go away. We just dont use it like we once did. Prayer loses its excitement. The fellowship of brothers and sisters isnt fulfilling anymore.

What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for participating in this discussion. It is important that believers discuss and contend over scripture. It's how we keep aligned.